Wednesday, March 15, 2006

short and curly

Why pubes?

As far as I know, humans are the only animals possessing different hair around their genitals. Yes, other mammals have hair around their junk, but it's the same hair that covers the rest of them: it's not a completely different category of hair, all twisted and wiry like our pubes. Imagine if cows had bushy tufts twixt their legs. Or monkeys at the zoo with mounds of wiry cock-n-ball beards that stood out distinctively from their hairy bellies. Conversely, imagine if we had the same hair that sits atop our heads draping our special parts.

It seems to me that animals are the ones who still need pubes -- not highly evolved humans. I mean, look at how far we have come from our apelike ancestors. Where did we get pubes and why are they still sprouting from us? We have been largely clothed now for thousands of years, so modesty certainly can't be argued.

Humans have no need for pubes. Pubes don't keep us warm. We spend lots of time and money to rid ourselves of them (mostly ladies), and dammit they're really pretty ugly to behold when you get right down to it.

We have become so accustomed to having them and seeing them that I don't think anyone really gives it a second thought. But look at yourself in the mirror after you get out of the shower. Or look at your significant other when he or she is naked. Now, I guarantee you will ponder my question. You might even giggle because they look really stupid now, don't they? Just look at that big ugly damned bush.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff and Hillary (Hurdy) said...

I think about my pubes every time I shave them off or have them waxed. The little hairs are there for a reason... for protection... look it up or go to an obgyn. I feel the same though. I hate them with all of my heart and razer. They are expecially evil when your on the bike and you ar ea woman.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Brian Phillips said...

I'll have to look that up. I'm sure the protection thing is the only logical reason, especially for women. But for guys??

I'm with ya on the bike thing - not really good for dudes either.

Thanks for reading.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home