Monday, February 06, 2006

cycle of efficiency

A little over a year ago, I worked for one guy. It was just us – a two man team and it was a very cool arrangement. Everything clicked and our jobs made sense together functionally. Then this guy was assigned to a new team, but someone who’s really smart and makes a lot of money decided that it would be better if I stayed on solo on the existing team.

As a result of that juggling, I was assigned a new manager. I worked for that guy for roughly 3 months, then I was once again re-assigned to another new manager. This lasted a while, until about October, and then the really smart people decided again that what I do lines up better with yet one more new manager. But apparently, that must have been a bad decision, because in November, I was assigned to one more manager.

And now today, I learned that I have made a complete circle – right back to the guy I started with. That’s 5 changes in management in a year. Apparently, all of the “realignments to better meet our business needs” from the bulging brains that sail this ship were not all that brilliant after all since the first arrangement ended up being the last.

I am reminded of a lesson in nature. Animal eats plant. Animal shits plant. Shit turns to soil and spawns a new plant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home