Thursday, November 30, 2006

i can read, thanks.

12:00 Noon. Conference call.

One by one, participants join.
“I had trouble dialing in.”
“Yeah, me too…I got a busy signal.”
“Is there going to be a netmeeting?”
“The first time I dialed in, all I could hear was a screeching noise.”
“Did you send out the presentation in email?”
"I don't think we have enough ports for this call."

And so it went for over 10 minutes. A conference call so mired in personal problems and ill-fated mechanics that if it were a plane, it would have aborted takeoff and headed straight for the hangar.

Finally, someone asked, “Is the information you’re going to cover the same as the presentation you emailed?”

“Yes” the presenter said.

Click. I gave up my connection so that someone else could enjoy being read to.

Ten minutes. Gone. Wasted. It took me 3 minutes to read the PowerPoint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home