Friday, December 09, 2005

naked finger

Last night for dinner, I made vegetarian meatloaf. I know, I know.....what the hell??! Just like the kind your mom used to make, only I used Boca ground un-meat. It was frighteningly meat-like after it was baked. But good eatin' nonetheless, and chock full o' soy protein.

I even got my hands all in it during preparation so I could give it that good ol' messy mixed up texture that makes meatloaf more loafy. Beforehand, I took off my wedding ring -- something I never ever do, but for some reason it seemed like a good idea under the circumstances.

As I got halfway to work this morning, I realized that I had forgotten to put it back on. I might as well not be wearing pants. I feel completely naked and vulnerable.

I went to the mall during lunch and strangely, despite having no wedding ring, not one woman approached me and tried to ask me out. Not even any flirting glances cast in my direction.

Good to know that life as a single man is no different than when I was actually single.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home